Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pirates of Panzance


Now everyone knows I am a history buff and try to learn as much about the area as I can. Council Bluffs/Omaha was no exception. Well, while touring and taking pictures, a couple stopped me-they said it looked like I knew what I was doing.
I gave them the history tour of the area for 3 hours and took them to all the sites that I knew of. ( I have been touring here 3 days) Turns out they were cast members of the operetta Pirates of Penzance. In gratitude they gave me 2 tickets-orchestra level-for my friend and myself to the operetta. It was wonderful. They played Ruth and Major General(2 main parts) Who says being a tour guide does not pay. The play was in the OLD Orpheum, a beautiful restored theater. The girls stayed home curled up on the couch.

1 comment:

Denise and Linda said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...so cool!
I bet the play was great! What a memory that day made.